Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Year Resolutions and Evolution

We are well into 2006, and having missed out on the excitement of the dawn of a New Year, I woke up this morning thinking about resolutions. Not being the type to actually believe in them, I realised that rather than making resolutions, most of which I may not keep, it would be a better idea to evolve with each New Year.

Looking back, at the recent past and the not so recent, I think I have been extremely lucky - a monetary jackpot has eluded me so far, but I have nothing to crib about: no major worries on any front, and very few regrets and frustrations. Overall, it has been smooth sailing and my boat continues to move ahead on a similar vein.

Once, not so long ago, on one of my Namaste Kathmandus, I asked a simple question at the start (picked up from Reader's Digest), "If this was the end of the world, and you had one phone call to make, to whom would it be, and what would you say?" The answer at the end of the show was, "Why are you waiting for the world to end to make that phone call - make the call, NOW!" It made a lot of sense, and taking cue from that, I caught up or made efforts to, with a lot of old friends, forgotten or ignored - a lot of Thank yous and many Sorries. It was a wonderful feeling doing that, and I am glad now that I took the initiative.

A fresh new year, and I am in the mood for an encore performance - I looked back at the years gone by, and as I said earlier, ended feeling blessed and lucky. Not many apologies, but a whole lot of Thank Yous. I thought I'd begin with the latter, and I have a list that runs long.

Thank You – couldn’t ask for the company of better people.

Sorry – anything to make amends…

No comments: