Monday, October 24, 2005

Onward Christian Soldier

It’s a war we are going to, a war to win new souls… I am a believer, though I do not recall the last time I attended a church service. If the definition of a ‘good Christian’ is church attendance, I miss the mark by a wide margin, but mark my words, I do trust in the Lord.

Onward Christian Soldier – march ahead to capture more souls for the Lord. I am privileged and feel lucky that some missionary in the past captured the soul of one of my ancestors, one of the earliest among his lot. In sermons and fellowships, I still hear the call given. Yes, I do need to capture souls that are astray and lead them to the path of salvation, and I am a Christian soldier.

There is a multitude of hungry and lost souls, sorely in need the word of god. This is where the Christian Soldier has to play a role.

We need preachers, teachers and more… most of all; we need Christians, not good ones, but true ones.

I woke up this morning, looked at myself in the mirror and asked myself, “Am I ready to make a conquest for the Lord?” No, not yet – my soul is not the Lord’s yet. Let me work on it first, and then we will see…

No comments: